Instagram has given an update why multi-million-dollar fraudster, Raymond Abass known as Hushpuppi’s account is still active on the platform.
Instagram said he is free to continue using his social media account.
The social media added that this was possible because the fraudster didn’t violate any social media laws.
The company’s global team told The National that Hushpuppi would be free to continue to use the site unless directed otherwise from law enforcement in the US, where he is awaiting sentencing.
Instagram said accounts are only usually closed if they represent dangerous organizations or individuals.
The social media platform added that despite pleading guilty to his crimes as revealed in court documents from April 2021, Abbas is yet to be imprisoned, so his account does not breach Instagram policies or community standards.
However, Hushpuppi has not posted on Instagram to his 2.5 million followers since June 2020.
- Suspect Reveals How He Killed Teenager And Demanded Ransom.
- Police Arrest Suspect Who Allegedly Killed UNIJOS Student For Rituals.
- Nollywood Actress Anita Joseph Reacts After Romantic Bedroom Video With Husband.
- Burna Boy Cries Out Over Soot Pollution In His City.
- Barber Stabs Neighbour To Death For Admiring His Pregnant Wife.